One of the best ways to explain science is through the use of video. All you need is a good idea and the smartphone in your pocket!
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of scientific video storytelling and take you through the technical steps to produce short videos. You’ll learn how videos for science can be shot with apps and how they can be published online. During the workshop you will develop your own storyboard and put together a short film.
The workshop covers:
- The basics of visual storytelling
- Explain your research in 3 minutes
- Create a storyboard
- Functioning and quality of smartphone cameras
- Useful equipment & apps
- General filming tips
- The basics of sound and light
- Techniques for effective interviews
- Publish videos online
Please bring your own smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS).